Braised Lamb with Sangria Reduction
Author: Chef Juan
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3-4 lb. lamb necks
- 1 large Spanish onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 large carrots
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bottle of Sangria
- 4 cups beef stock (can substitute with vegetable or chicken stock)
- 1 tbsp butter
- Preheat oven 325*F
- Add 2 tbsp to oil to heavy bottom pot. Season meat well and brown on all sides, remove and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to pot and saute all the vegetables. Deglaze the pan with the Sangria.
- Return the meat to the pot, and add the stock. Cover a place in oven for 2½ hours.
- Remove the meat from pot and set aside to a warm place. Strain all vegetables and reserve the liquid.
- Reduce the sauce to half the volume. Add the butter and pour over the meat.