Butternut Squash and Black Bean Chili
Author: Chef Juan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 poblano pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 cups butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained & rinsed
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- cilantro & sour cream for garnish
- Add olive oil to medium-high heat pan. Saute onions until translucent. Add celery poblano pepper, garlic, jalapeno, and spices cook 5-minutes. Deglaze the pan with the white wine till almost all the wine is absorbed.
- Add butternut squash, tomatoes and stock. Cover and lower to simmer. Cook for approximately 30-minutes till squash is tender. Mash some of the squash to thicken the sauce. Add black beans and cook another 5-minutes just to heat the beans.
- Finish of with lemon zest and the juice of the lemon. Serve with a garnish of sour cream and cilantro.