Carne con papas or Cuban beef stew made in the Instant Pot.
Carne Con Papas I Cuban Beef Stew made in Instant Pot
Author: Chef Juan
- 2 pound beef round - cut into 1’ cubes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 1 red bell pepper - seeded & chopped
- 3 garlic cloves - chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- ¼ cup (dry white wine) - to deglaze
- 1 15oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15oz. can tomato sauce
- 2 baking potatoes - peeled and cut into 1” cube
- 2 cups low-sodium beef stock
- 1 cup sweet baby peas
- 1 cup Spanish olives
- 1 lemon
- cilantro leaves for garnishing
- Place Instant Pot on sauté, add olive oil and Brown beef.
- Remove beef and set aside.
- Saute onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook until translucent.
- Add spices - cumin, oregano, salt & pepper to taste.
- Deglaze with white wine.
- Return beef to pot.
- Add potatoes.
- Add tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes.
- Add beef stock, stir everything well.
- Place lid on InstantPot and pressure cook on high in (meat/stew) setting which is 30 minutes.
- Open vent valve to reduce pressure.
- Open lid and add Spanish olives, stir well.
- Garnish with a squeeze of lemon, peas, and cilantro leaves.