Fricasse de Pollo Cubano
Author: Chef Juan
- 1 whole Chicken - cut into pieces
- MOJO CRIOLLO CUBANO:
- 1 cup Naranja Agria (sour orange) or 2 part lemon juice to 1part orange juice.
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup olive oil
- SALSA CRIOLLA:
- Olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, cored seeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves - diced
- 1 tablespoon dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1-15 ounce can tomato sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Parsley or Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- MOJO: Add the juice of the citrus and all other ingredients to bowl or blender and mix for 30 seconds.
- Place chicken pieces in plastic bag. Pour Mojo marinade over chicken. Refrigerate for 2 hours or for best results, over night.
- SALSA CRIOLLA: In the mean time add olive to medium heat pan. Sauté onion, bell pepper, and garlic till translucent.
- Add cumin, oregano, salt and pepper and cook additional 5 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce and chicken stock cook additional 10 minutes in low heat.
- Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove marinated chicken from bag and place in baking dish.
- Pour Salsa Criolla over the chicken.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until chicken temperature in thickness part, reads 165 degrees on a meat thermometer.
- Serve over Rice.