Lechon Asado or Roast Pork made in Instant Pot.
Lechon Asado I Roast Pork made in Instant Pot
Author: Chef Juan
- 5-6 pound picnic butt or pork shoulder - cut into cubes
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 large onions - 1 quartered the other two sliced thin
- 5 garlic cloves
- 3 cups Mojo Marinade - or substitute with (1/2 orange juice, ½ lemon juice, two tbsp crushed garlic, 1 tsp oregano, 1 tsp dried oregano, and salt & pepper to taste)
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté.
- Add olive oil and brown pork chunks. Do it in batches, do not over crowed the pot.
- Return all pork chunks to pot.
- Add quartered onion, garlic, and Mojo.
- Place lid on pot and set to MEAT/STEW setting which is 30 minutes.
- In the meantime sauté the sliced onions till golden brown. Set aside.
- After set time, release presaure.
- Remove pork from pot and set aside.
- Strain liquid in pot and pour over pork.
- Garnish with sautéd onions.