Mini Pumpkin Soup Bowls
Author: Chef juan
A delicious hearty soup for the fall.
- 3 small pie pumpkins
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stocks, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 bunch cilantro or flat-leaf parsley
- soup cream for garnish
- roasted pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Preheat over 400F
- Cut the top ⅓ of (two) of the pumpkins, remove the seeds and set aside. Cut the (third) pumpkin in ¼ and remove the seeds.
- Clean the seeds in a colander and spread on at backing sheet. Season to taste. Bake at 400F for 10-minutes.
- Place the 2-pumpkins on a backing sheet with tops and the quartered pumpkin. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt. Bake at 400F 20-minutes. Once cooked set aside to cool.
- Remove the pumpkin flesh from the quartered pumpkin. Set aside.
- In a large pot at medium high heat add olive oil. Saute the onion, celery, and carrot till onion translucent. Add the cumin, nutmeg, and pumpkin flesh, mix well.
- Add the coconut milk and chicken stock to the pot. Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer. Cook till carrots are soft. Add the cilantro or parley right before you use an immersion blender to combine all.
- Ladle soup into whole pumpkins, garnish with sour cream, roasted pumpkin seeds, and cilantro.