Stuffed Cuban Bell Peppers, not very traditional but still very good.
Stuffed Cuban Bell PeppersStuffed Cuban Bell PeppersStuffed Cuban Bell Peppers
Author: Chef Juan
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 onion - diced
- 1 red bell pepper - diced
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup spanish manzanilla olives
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 red bell peppers in length wise
- 2 cups cooked brown or white rice
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cilantro for garnish - chopped
- Add olive oil to pan.
- Brown ground beef.
- Remove beef after browning and set aside.
- Add onions and peppers to pan, cook till onions translucent. About 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook till fragrant.
- Deglaze pan with white wine. Cook till wine is absorbed.
- Return brown meat to pan with vegetables.
- Add tomato sauce and cook on medium low heat till sauce is absorbed.
- Add olives and raisins, cook additional 5 minutes. Set aside.
- In large bowl mix cooked rice and ground beef mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stuff peppers with rice and beef mixture.
- Place peppers on baking dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on peppers.
- Bake peppers in oven for 30 minutes till peppers are soft to the touch.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro.